March 21, 2010
The other day I mentioned that I’d gone ahead and chosen a photographer to take my boudoir pics. Since then, I’ve sent in the contract and my deposit…I think that means there’s no turning back now!
After seeing their gorgeous photos and feeling confident in their ability to make even me look sexy, I booked The Last Forty Percent Photography to take my b-pics.
Okay, so seriously, I am a total dweeb in front of the camera. I don’t know how to do anything other than smile. and I have the world’s least pouty lips. So, although my shoot isn’t until late June, I’ve decided I should start practicing now. I need to take Remedial Photo Posing 101. I’m not even joking.
Here are some of the tips I’ve compiled to date:
- Nobody’s arms look pretty and their thinnest when pressed against one’s side. Bend your arms slightly to keep them away from your body, or put your hands on your hips.
- Rest most of your weight on one foot. This makes poses look less like poses, more like real life and, most importantly, has a slimming effect.
- Stick your chest and bum out. Other than just showing off your assets, this will also put a sexy curve in your back and help flatten your tummy.
- Create shapes and angles with your body — especially triangles.
- Don’t wear a bra/underwear before your shoot, as they will leave lines on your skin.
- Make sure you’ve waxed, shaved or otherwise removed facial and body hair, which can be very distracting in photos.
- Wine. That is all.
- And, I think this one is obvious, but you’re going to want to whip out your best Blue Steel or, if you’re feeling really daring, Le Tigre.
I would be remiss in this post if I weren’t to provide you with some more drool-worthy examples of The Last Forty Percent’s work.Source
I have until June 23 to get my pose on and perfect my “smeyes”. Surely a liberal dollop of Photoshop will have me well on my way to sexy.
I’m desperate for photo posing tips…so if you have experience in this area or are just innately fierce, do let me in on your secret!
March 16, 2010
GAH! I am SO excited! After months of thinking about it, yesterday I actually did some serious research on boudoir photographers in my area. I narrowed the pool down to three candidates and contacted all of them for more information.
(FYI – The rest of this post contains some NSFW content!)
Tara McMullen is based on Toronto and takes beautiful boudoir photos. I love the softness and the lighting in her work.
Tara’s work is gorgeous, isn’t it? She’s based in Toronto, so I did some searching to see if I could find some local photographers who do boudoir work as well.
I quickly came across two (thank you Google).
The first was HRM Photography, which has recently set up a studio right here in my city.
And finally I came across Last Forty Percent Photography. I have no idea how I’d never seen their work before (um, this may have something to do with the fact that I didn’t even research any photographers after we got engaged..I knew immediately who I wanted to book). They’re based here in my city and have awesome style.
Check out these stunning shots:
I’ve contacted all three, gotten their information and made a decision. I’m just finalizing the paper work now, so stay tuned to see who I chose.
As for the title of this post, I do hope they are capable of miracles. I’m not nearly as concerned about being half-naked as I am about how my face will look in the photos. I haven’t an ounce of posing prowess. I don’t know how to “smeyes” and I certainly don’t know how to look sexy/get all “bedroom eyes” on command. I have one look in photos: looking at the camera and smiling. That is all. Hopefully the photographers will be able to get me beyond the awkwardness. Regardless, I have a feeling The Guy might be focusing on other things when he see the photos 😉